Mobile Apps in Associations: Highlights from the State of Mobile Benchmark Report
Written on January 5, 2024
How does your association compare when it comes to implementing mobile apps?
.orgCommunity and Results Direct | RD Mobile have collaborated to provide valuable data to help associations benchmark their use of event, mobile, and other apps by producing the State of Mobile in Associations Benchmark Report, the first and most comprehensive report of its kind for the US association community.
The Mobile Benchmark Report provides unique insights into:
- How associations are using mobile apps
- How members are adopting those apps
- Which apps are most used by associations
- What associations are paying for their apps
How was the Mobile Benchmark Report produced?
Association executives from 145 associations across the United States participated in a 43-question online survey to share information about their organizations’ use of mobile apps to:
- Support conferences and events
- Communicate with and serve members
- Provide information and value to the public
The associations represented 59% professional and 34% trade associations with international, national, and state memberships. Their memberships vary in size and represent more than 32 different professions, industries, and sectors – including Healthcare/Medical, Research/Science, Education, Manufacturing, and dozens of others.
Survey respondents were 50% CEOs/Executive Directors and Senior Leaders.
What are the highlights/opportunities for mobile apps in associations?
Event apps are now widely used by associations to support their conferences and events (82% use an event app). But it’s surprising to learn that:
- 33 different event apps are used by Mobile Benchmark Survey respondents
- 3 Top Event Apps are used by 43% of respondents
- 53% of respondents use an app for events with fewer than 250 attendees
Member apps have been slower to catch on, with 33% of associations either using them or looking to offer a member app in the near future. Associations using member apps cite these benefits:
- Providing timely, mobile-accessible content
- Communicating more effectively with members
- Engaging members year-round
- Enabling member self-service
- Engaging younger/diverse members
Download the Mobile Benchmark Report
For the full, 32-page State of Mobile in Associations Benchmark Report, download a complimentary copy now. You can also request a “deep dive” of data specific to associations like yours – by organization type, size, sector, or other criteria.Download Report
How can we help you today?