Everything You Need to Know About Event Platforms
Written on August 19, 2021
What are the most important factors for selecting an event platform and partner?
The best in-person, hybrid, and virtual event platform satisfies the needs of your attendees, sponsors/exhibitors, and your organization - while keeping everyone happy.
For your event attendees, it’s about the experience. For your sponsors/exhibitors, it’s about making connections and generating business. For your organization, it’s about meeting your event and ROI goals.
Identifying the best event platform means satisfying all of these needs:
- User experience wins – With so many event solutions, it’s important to focus on a platform that delivers a superior experience – for your attendees, sponsors, speakers, and staff. Powerful platforms and experiences don't need to cost a lot, but they do need to:
- Work reliably
- Be intuitive & easy-to-use
- Support in-person, hybrid & virtual events - in a single platform
- Enable participation on both desktop & mobile devices
- Empower users to customize their experiences
- Goals drive decisions – As you evaluate platforms, define what event success looks like so your decisions are driven by goals and desired outcomes. Success can take many forms:
- Increasing attendance
- Supporting global participants
- Delivering targeted, relevant content
- Facilitating networking & engagement
- Connecting buyers-sellers
- Generating revenue
- Partners make it work – Choosing the best event solution involves more than selecting a platform. It also involves selecting the right partner to ensure that your events are a success. When evaluating partners, you should ask questions:
- How many virtual & in-person events have you delivered?
- How complex were those events?
- How does your solution support both on-site & virtual attendees?
- What AMS/CRM, registration, and other systems have you integrated with?
- What success stories can you share?
- How can you support our events team – program design, event build-out, technical support?
- How can you help with revenue generation/ROI?
- How can your solution provide year-round engagement?
How can we help you today?